Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Adventures of Pan and Rango

It's not very often that you see two stuffed animals being spoiled to death. Pan and Rango (Jeff and Nathan's stuffed animals) have come with my on my trip to Indonesia. That's a long flight for such small animals, but they didn't seem to mind since we were flying first class. This was only the beginning of their unique adventures half way across the world.














On Saturday five of us went out shopping around Jakarta. We have to get permission to go anywhere and we went out with a driver and a security guard. Pan and Rango came with us. We first went to street where the are a bunch of tiny shops selling hand made sculptures and trinkets mostly made out of wood or some kind of metal. Bargaining is big here so it make for a fun experience. Pan and Rango helped me pick out a little gift for the boys.

After shopping, we went to a restaurant that we had gone to back in January called Cafe Batavilla. It's a beautiful old build with large wood windows and high ceilings. Pan and Rango jumped right up on the table and were anxious to eat.



I told them they couldn't sit by themselves and had to come and sit with me. They quickly obeyed, but I think it was because I had a really tasty fruit drink that they wanted to share. For lunch I had a caesar sald with hard boiled Quail eggs. They were about the size of your thumb and tasted like normal hard boiled eggs.



After we finished eating we walked out into the courtyard between the restaurant and an old museum where there were several large canons. Pan and Rango wanted to go for a ride so I tried to convince them that being shot out of a canon would be fun. They didn't believe me. I think Jeff and Nathan must have told them that sometimes I might try to trick them.
















So far I think Pan and Rango are having a good time, but I think they miss Jeff and Nathan as much as I do.

3 comments:

Jaimi said...

I bet the boys are just eating this up! So sweet.
Tammy, are you surviving? I hope nobody's sick this time!

Erica said...

Ahhh, cute new page. You tried the 3 column thing. I was wondering what that would look like, I kinda like it. Hope your back is doing better. I need to give you a call just been a bit hectic lately.

Elisa said...

I'm sure the boys love seeing their animals all over the world. Too cute! How did you get a three column template to work? I've wanted one forever! I hope you are ok Tammy!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online