Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Well I have been meaning to post something new for awhile now but I was thinking it would be about Nate starting preschool or something fun like that but instead now it's about that really big hurricane coming straight toward us! Dang Houston and it's hurricane season!!! I just wanted to post really quick and let everyone know what was going on with us. We made the decision to stay put and "hunker down" as the Texans say, based on the reports we were getting and city officials urging those that weren't in a mandatory evacuation area to stay put. I also felt like the majority of of my ward was staying put, as well as all the missionaries that evacuted here, and we all felt peaceful about the decision. Schools were cancelled today and we have been busy making last minute plans. It has been extra busy for me since Craig is out of town. I'm not going to go into how much that sucks and I wish it were somehow different. It hasn't been easy to keep myself calm with all the people panicking, gas stations out of gas, and Wal-mart out of food (who would've thought that could happen!) But I feel I have done everything I can do and now we just wait....7 more hours until the worst of it starts, we should be seeing Tropical storm strength winds in the next 4hours I think. I am seriously on hurricane overload. Thanks to everyone for their concern and calls and support. Keep praying for us tonight ( and for those big trees around my house to stay upright) I will get word to everyone as soon as I can.

14 comments:

Jaimi said...

Been wondering how this was affecting you. I'm so sorry Craig is out of town. I'm sure it is stressing you both out. We love you and will be praying for your safety. Thanks for the update. Keep them coming.

AMY said...

David and I were just thinking about you being alone with Craig gone. We're praying for you!

Jamie said...

We are praying like crazy for you. I am so sorry you are going through this and alone on top of everything else. What a scary experience. You are amazing and so brave! I would have chickened out and flown home. Keep us posted, we are worrying about you and praying for you and your sweet kids (and Craig too, who is probably having a hard time too, as he cannot be there to help you and the kids.)

Whitney said...

Hang in there! What a brave thing to tackle without a husband there. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Erica said...

HAven't been ab;e to stop thinking of you guys. I have been up early this morning watching the news to see how bad it really got during the night. I hope you guys are all safe and doing ok. I will be calling mom sson to see if she has heard from you. Hate that you are "by yourself". So glad you have great neighbors though. We are keeping you all in our paryers, you too Craig. Love ya!!!

Laura said...

We hope all is well today!!! We are saying prayers for you guys!

Jaimi said...

If anyone has any updates on how Tammy and family are doing would you mind posting a comment for me? Thanks!

stephanie said...

You've been in our prayers all week. Mom and Dad both phoned to tell me you were ok. Sorry about the tree and damage. Glad Craig is making his way home. I felt terrible sleeping when I knew you were facing this. So glad you have great neighbors and that the Lord protected you!

ellemenopii said...

My dad called to tell me you and the kids are ok. You got some damage from a tree....but you are all ok. Is the damage bad? He also told me Craig was flying home. I am hoping he got home to you ok. Hope you get your power back on soon. We hardly got anything since we are so inland. Major rain but that's it. Hope you are able to get the repairs you need done quickly. Take care!

joywinn said...

I got your phone message, Tammy. I'm glad all of you guys are safe. Please know that you can come up here ANYTIME...esp. since your power is out. I promise we will have power!! : ) lol. We love you guys are will continue to say our prayers for you.

Anonymous said...

Tammy
It has been so fun to follow your blog. I have been worried about you. I hope that you are doing okay. I need to start a blog so we can stay in touch. I will work on it. Your kids are darling. Keep in touch. My email is melanieblackham@gmail.com

Heather said...

Tammy,
I hope you are all okay and all is well in Houston. I can't imagine how scary that would be having a hurricane headed right for you. I look forward to an update on how everything went.

Elisa said...

Yay for electricity! Carol said its back on tonight! I hope you are doing well and I'm so proud of you Tammy! I don't think I could ever go through something like that alone. I'm glad Craig was able to get back safe! We love you guys!

Elisa said...

P.s. Congrats Emmie! I can't believe she is already walking! Seems like she was just this tiny little baby!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online