Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Post Ike

Hey Everyone!! We are back - or I guess I should say my power is back! What a storm! It has been such a crazy couple of weeks. I will have to post more later with what pictures I have but for now I just wanted to let everyone know we were okay. We got through it with a few minor damages to the house. The tree in the front did snap and land on mine and my neighbors house but we were so blessed that the majority of it landed in the section between our houses and stopped right before going through the boys bedroom window. Thank goodness they were in my closet with me. Yes - I rode out the storm with all of the kids in my master closet. What an adventure that was :) I will have to go into more detail about that later as well as what the days after were like. Nine days without power is quite an experience let me tell ya! And just so you know, Craig was able to come home the Monday afternoon after the storm (that's a whole other story) and we were so glad to have daddy back and have his help getting things back in order. Jeff is just starting school again tomorrow. Two weeks out of school - it's crazy. So many stores and schools still don't have power. It is going to take a while for things to get back to normal but we are so grateful to have a roof over our heads and have electricity again!!! Thanks again to everyone for their concern and support.

7 comments:

ellemenopii said...

Oh I am so glad you are all ok and able to have your power back on! I can't even imagine how terrifying that storm was for you guys. I would have had Xander in my closet with me, too. Very smart for you to keep all the kids with you in there. You totally could have come up here and been able to live with power and air conditioning and stuff! I am so sorry you had to deal with all of that out there by yourself. Glad that Craig made it home ok. My dad called to tell me you were all ok and that Craig was flying home and I was worried about how and where he would be able to land. I had heard the Hobby airport was closed. Well, I am glad everything is ok and you have power now. I will keep checking back for more updates and stuff. :)

Jaimi said...

So glad you are ok. I told Jeff I couldn't imagine being without power that long especially with kids and being stuck inside all day. Love you!

Jamie said...

We are so glad you are all okay. We have been thinking about you a lot. It is so great that Craig could come home so quickly to help out. You are going to have to tell us about your experience without power and tell us what things you wished you had so we can stock up our own emergency supplies. Is Jeffrey excited to get back to school? How have the kids been throughout all of this? We love you guys!

Erica said...

So glad to hear that you are all doing good and that you finally have your power back on. I can't imagine. Give the kiddos hugs and kisses. Love ya guys.

Whitney said...

You are such a trooper Tammy! Nine days without power. Wow! Glad to hear that you survived with flying colors.

stephanie said...

You have always been in our thoughts and prayers. What an adventure! I am so glad you were all safe, the damage was minor and that you were reunited with Craig. I'm looking forward to hearing more stories. I know you learned a lot---like how great a generator is, how you can hold Primary at home, and how great neighborhood BBQs are. Plus, like Jamie, I would love to know what items you wished you had or were so grateful you did have. Much love!

Melanie said...

Wow what an adventure you have had. It would be so fun to hear more about it. You are a great Mom, I hope everthing is getting better for you.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online