Friday, July 18, 2008

Hot off the Grill

My favorite summer recipe:

1) Buy meat.
2) Make a simple salad or cole slaw (for the side).
3) Tell hubby what a good griller he is. Emphasize the masculine quality of cooking over the open flame.
4) Commence to enjoy cool drink while hubby slaves over the hot BBQ. :)
5) Set table with side dish, bread and butter, bring hubby the platter for the BBQ (aren't I helpful?) then enjoy!

I saw this on a friend's blog and thought it was so funny. Craig went out and bought himself a grill while my family was here as an early Father's Day present. I never really knew he even cared all that much about grills or really wanted a nice big one but I guess you learn something new about your spouse everyday ;) He was so excited about his "big" purchase - I think he was actually giddy (in a masculine way of course!) It has been great though. Craig's all fired up now about grilling everything so we have been trying some yummy things lately and have had the neighbors and missionaries over for barbecues. Above is a picture of some yummy marinated chicken we had for dinner last night. I think I could get a little too used to this grilling thing!

I don't have any great pictures of the grill but here's a few of the guys putting it together the day we bought it.

2 comments:

Erica said...

That is too funny! Men and their BBQ's. Tommy has always wanted one like that. That is the one thing I remember about coming out there was Craig BBQing at nights. I miss that :( Soon.

Kathleen Jackson said...

We will be waiting for our Summer BBQ invite!:) The grill looks great.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online