
I know, I know, what Houstonian could possibly say those words and really mean it. I mean what is to love about the heat, humidity and over abundance of sweat! I usually just grin and bear it and can't wait for it to end. But this all changed when I was walking back home from visiting with my neighbor and saw my sweet little Jeff riding his bike in the street. It was one of those moments when you really see your child and realize they are growing up and your heart feels like it is going to burst. It hit me that in just over a months time summer would end and I would lose my little Jeff to the public school system. I am excited for the adventures that await him at kindergarten but my heart is breaking when I think of not having him by my side everyday. He has always been my "bestest little bud". I can't possibly imagine what it is going to be like without him. I'll spare you all my fears and worries and just say that I am sad and despite the fact that I the humidity and heat I am going to enjoy every last minute of this summer with Jeff. I love you buddy!!
2 comments:
Tammy, my heart is with you. I know we talked on the phone, too. It is going to be hard to have Josh start also. I'm just grateful for the 1/2 day first. I'll be thinking of you.
I am already dreading this day down the road. Thanks for the comments Tam, I would love to be at Naters bday. We are trying to see if we can make it out there by the end of he year. (keep your fingers crossed)
Post a Comment